Burglaries are currently one of our top priorities and the neighbourhood are conducting regular patrols around previously targeted areas whenever possible. Residents in the Chinnor area may see an increased police presence after a burglary was attempted on 01/03/19 in Greenwood Avenue. The neighbourhood team have conducted house-to-house enquiries and a CCTV trawl and we will continue to look for any lines of enquiry. To help prevent your property being burgled, please follow the simple steps below.
Home security advice
- Lock all front and rear doors and windows at night and when you are out.
- Keep all valuables and keys, including car keys, out of sight and out of reach of windows and letterboxes. Double check your vehicle is locked too.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of your property. Move bins away from side walls and fences.
- Keep ladders and tools stored away. Don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home.
Are you going on holiday?
- Please do not advertise that you are going away on social media – wait until you get home to upload your holiday snaps!
- Check that your home insurance policy, as some may pay out less or not at all, if you have posted that you are away on social media.
- Use a timer switch to make your house look occupied, even when it isn’t.
- Ask someone you trust to keep an eye on your house while you are away.
- Don’t leave spare keys in obvious places such as under doormats and plant pots.
You said we did
We received complaints of anti-social behaviour and graffiti at the Thame Skate Park. The neighbourhood team have been conducting daily patrols of the skate park and engaging with those present. We have seen positive results from these increased patrols, with no further complaints all those at the skate park being happy to engage.
Please continue to let us know of areas where anti-social behaviour, graffiti, and drug and alcohol abuse may be taking place and we will act upon it!
Fraudulent online activity
- We have seen an increase in fraudulent online activity recently. Please follow the steps below to reduce your chances of being involved in an online scam:
- Always use strong passwords – they should include a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Always use up-to-date Internet Security Software on all of your devices when connected to the internet – this includes firewalls and anti-virus/malware software.
- Install the latest operating system updates to improve your security.
- Always protect your e-identity – never give out your personal details to someone you do not know. A legitimate bank, company or the police will never ask you for such details.
- Never be embarrassed to report a scam or online crime!
What the neighbourhood team have been doing
On Monday 25th February PCSOs Maya Brien and Thomas Kelly joined the Cubs from Thame Scout Group to talk about personal safety. A range of safety topics were spoken about and the cubs had a lot of knowledge on how to stay safe, leading to all of them receiving their personal safety badge!
A talk was also given to some year groups in Barley Hill Primary School about internet safety. The pupils were told how to stay safe online and asked lots of questions regarding online games they play. It was great to see them all engaging and learning how to use the internet appropriately.
The Thame neighbourhood team are always happy to deliver safety talks to schools, both pupils and parents, and any other activity groups that you think people may benefit from hearing from us. If you would like us to deliver a talk or presentation to any groups, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us! Please contact ThameNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
Future events/meetings/active communities
The Thame neighbourhood team will be holding a number of ‘Have Your Say’ events in and around the Thame area. This is your chance to talk to us about any community problems/issues, or just come along and say hello.
Thame – Co-op: Wheatley – Merry Bells:
23/03/19 at 3pm 20/03/19 at 11am
17/04/19 at 10am 10/04/19 at 11am
Thame – Waitrose: Chinnor – Community Centre:
30/03/19 at 10am 30/03/19 at 10am
27/04/19 at 11am
Watlington – Town Hall:
30/03/19 at 11:30am
On 01/03/19 there was an attempt burglary in Greenwood Avenue, Chinnor. House to House enquiries and CCTV trawls are being conducted along with reassurance patrols. If you have any information regarding this incident, including CCTV footage please call 101 quoting reference 513 01/03/19.
The Skate Park, Thame, has recently had green graffiti lines sprayed over the ramps. If you have any information regarding this please get in touch with the Thame neighbourhood team through ThameNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
PCSO Thomas Kelly is nearing the end of his training and is continuing to enjoy being part of the Thame neighbourhood team.
Please get in touch/follow us using the following:
Always phone 999 in an emergency