Police Officer and Specialist Entry Detective recruitment is now open!
The role of police officer is like no other. It can be tough and unpredictable at times but it can also be extremely rewarding - no two days are ever the same. You will work towards making life safer and more secure for those living within your local community.
You will be fully trained to protect the public, provide a reassuring presence in the community, support victims of crime and investigate complex offences using a mixture of cutting-edge technology and time-proven traditional methods.
Amongst other criteria, candidates must meet the following:
- be aged 18 years of age or older
- be either a British Citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- have a full manual UK/EEA driving licence (by provisional offer of appointment)
- have appropriate Level 3 qualifications - two A Levels graded A to E (Pass), or equivalent, or higher
- have obtained a Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP) or be willing to obtain this by 12 January 2018
- live within 20 crow miles of two of our main police stations by formal offer stage. Consideration might be given to those living up to 30 crow miles of two of our main police stations, with priority given to those who can be posted to those stations where resources are most needed. Applicants are reminded that a degree of flexibility is expected in terms of postings.
What we offer
How do I apply?
- on successfully completing all aspects of the recruitment process your starting salary will be £22,896 (plus £2,000 South East allowance)
- annual leave of 22 days increasing with length of service
- training and development opportunities throughout your career with potential to work in specialist departments or apply for promotion
- access to a range of services and support networks - Police Federation, Police Mutual, Central Sports and Social Club, Thames Valley Gay Police Association, Thames Valley Police SAME (Support Association for Minority Ethnic Staff), Women's Network and others.
The first stage of the recruitment process is to attend an eligibility event. This is an informative session for a morning or afternoon during which we will check your documents and assess whether you are eligible to apply. These slots will be running at both Thames Valley Police HQ South (Kidlington, Oxfordshire) on 12 and 16 October 2017, and at our Force Training Centre (Sulhamstead, Berkshire) on 17 and 18 October 2017.
To book an appointment at one of these eligibility events please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- highest educational qualification/s
- whether or not you have a full manual UK/EEA driving licence
- contact mobile number
- postcode of your home address
- date and location of eligibility events (in preferred order)
- whether you will be applying for either the standard police constable or the specialist entry detective constable role
A member of the recruitment team will then contact you to book your appointment.
Please note, no appointments will be booked prior to Monday 9 October 2017.