Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following thefts from vehicles along Asquith Park, Sutton Courtenay.
Between approximately 11pm last night (23/8) and 6.30am today (24/8) unknown offenders broke into at least two vehicles at Asquith Park.
If you have seen any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area or have any information relating to this message please call the Police via the 24 hour non-emergency telephone number 101.
Alternatively if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
Most vehicle crime is preventable. It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car. The best way to protect your belongings is to lock your car whenever you leave it. Other things you can do include:
- Removing everything from the car; don't even leave a jacket where it can be seen
- Closing the sunroof along with the windows when you leave
- Not storing things in the boot or glove box; take them with you
- Storing car ownership information in your home, not your car
- Having a routine to ensure you always take the keys out of the ignition
- Taking removable stereos and sat nav equipment with you
- Using secure (theft resistant) number plates can make your plates less attractive to thieves
- Reporting any suspicious people or behaviour to the police (by calling 101 or 999 in an emergency)
For more crime prevention advice please visit www.thamesvalley.police.uk/advice or call your local neighbourhood policing team on 101.